|Mon, Nov 9, 2015||Send Off / Bon Voyage Party||SDYC|
|5:30 - 6:30 PM||Check-In / No Host Happy Hour||Main Dining Room|
|6:30 - 9:30 PM||Dinner / Dance||Main Dining Room|
|Tue, Nov 10, 2015||Captains Meeting||SDYC||Captain + 1 crew only|
|9:00 AM - 12:00 PM||Captains Meeting||SDYC|
DESTINATION AND TRAVEL SCHEDULE
The primary goal is to arrive in La Paz on or before November 24, 2015, two days before Thanksgiving on November 26. Assume all departures will begin @ 0600. Recommended cruise speed should average 8.5 kts.
Total transit requires 12 days minimum, assuming no weather delays. Departing San Diego on Wednesday, November 11 with anticipated arrival in La Paz on Monday, November 23.
NOVEMBER 11, 2015 – WEDNESDAY
- Depart San Diego for Ensenada (approx 65 n.m. @8.5 kts = 7.6 hrs)
- Arrive approx. 1400
- Two nights @ Ensenada marinas
- Complete any remaining procedures to enter Mexico: Clearance of Mexican Customs and Immigration is planned to be done in San Diego prior to departure for Ensenada. However, if not in San Diego, any remaining requirements must be completed in Ensenada. There should be time for provisioning if not done before departing San Diego.
- Begin fueling
NOVEMBER 12, 2015 – THURSDAY
- Complete fueling in Ensenada
- Welcome to Mexico party: all participants will be guests at a Mexican gala party.
NOVEMBER 13, 2015 – FRIDAY
- Depart Ensenada for Turtle Bay (approx. 282 n.m. @ 8.5 knts = 33 hrs = overnight run)
- This is first of three overnight runs. Crews on each boat will rotate being on watch.
NOVEMBER 14, 2015 – SATURDAY
- Arrive @ Turtle Bay approx. 1500
- Anchor and begin fueling. Turtle Bay has a town of about 1200 residents, mostly fisherman and their families. For many boats fueling here will be mandatory, as fuel will not be readily available again for approx. 400 n.m. Dinner on board or no host at local restaurant.
NOVEMBER 15, 2015 – SUNDAY
- Finish Fueling in Turtle Bay
- Shore party (begin early afternoon with local ponga water taxi service)
NOVEMBER 16, 2015 – MONDAY
- Depart Turtle Bay for Man of War Cove at Magdalena Bay (approx. 258 n.m. @8.5 kts =30 hrs = overnight run)
NOVEMBER 17, 2015 – TUESDAY
- Arrive Man of War Cove approx. 1200
- Anchor 2 nights
- Participate in various adventures in Mag Bay or R & R for remainder of day. Optional activities include bird watching (with a multitude of species present), surfing on the Pacific side of Isla Magdalena, fishing inside Mag Bay, exploring mangroves & tidal planes, etc. Local guides will be available. Dinner on board yacht or no host at local restaurant. For further details visit www.magbayoutfitters.com.
NOVEMBER 18, 2015 – WEDNESDAY
- Second day in Man of War Cove
- Fishing tournament with local fishing guides is planned for all interested. Guides will come aboard your yacht to direct you to some of the best fishing on the Pacific side of Baja.
- Alternately participate in activities mentioned above or R & R. Gala beach party in early afternoon at local restaurant with awards for fishing tournament. Fish caught in tournament can be donated to supplement the awards dinner, cleaned by locals on shore. Local ponga water taxi service available.
NOVEMBER 19, 2015 – THURSDAY
- Depart Man of War Cove for San Jose del Cabo(approx. 185 n.m.@ 8.5kts = 22 hrs = overnight run)
NOVEMBER 20, 2015 – FRIDAY
- Arrive San Jose del Cabo @ approx. 0600 – 0900
- 2 nights in marina slips
- Begin fueling
- Beach party early afternoon
- Optional activities include exploring local interior yacht harbor & local village of La Playita or the nearby resort or gourmet restaurants or the historic town center of San Jose del Cabo. Various tourist type activities will be offered during the two day visit here.
NOVEMBER 21, 2015 – SATURDAY
- Second day in San Jose del Cabo
- Finish fueling
- Continue to explore locally & enjoy local accommodations & events
NOVEMBER 22, 2015 – SUNDAY
- Depart San Jose del Cabo for Bahia de los Suenos (Muertos Cove) (approx. 75 n.m. @8.5 kts = 9 hrs)
- Arrive Muertos Cove @ approx. 1500
- Anchor one night
- Shore party at Los Suenos Resort (local ponga water taxi service)
NOVEMBER 23, 2015 – MONDAY
- Depart Muertos Cove for La Paz (approx. 52 n.m. @ 8.5 kts = 6 hrs)
- Arrive La Paz @ approx. 1200 – 1500
- In marina slips @ Costa Baja Resort & Marina
- Gala party
- 2015 CUBAR ODYSSEY officially ends
NOVEMBER 26, 2015 – THURSDAY
- Thanksgiving Dinner (additional cost, reservations to be made prior to starting cruise)