|Oct 7-8, 2017||Mariner's Seminar Training||SDYC||Schedule & Online Registration|
|Nov 1-2, 2017||Customs Processing||SDYC|
|Nov 1-4, 2017||CUBAR Check In||SDYC|
|Sun, Nov 5, 2017||Send Off / Bon Voyage Party||SDYC|
|5:30 - 6:30 PM||No Host Happy Hour||Main Dining Room|
|6:30 - 9:30 PM||Dinner||Main Dining Room|
|Mon, Nov 6, 2017||Captains Meeting||SDYC||Captain + 1 crew only|
|9:00 AM - 12:00 PM||Captains Meeting||SDYC|
DESTINATION AND TRAVEL SCHEDULE
The primary goal is to arrive in La Paz on or before November 20, 2017, three days before Thanksgiving on November 23. Assume all departures will begin @ 0600. Recommended cruise speed should average 8 kts.
Total transit requires 12 days minimum, assuming no weather delays. Departing San Diego on Tuesday, November 7 with anticipated arrival in La Paz on Sunday, November 19.
NOVEMBER 7, 2017 – TUESDAY
- Depart San Diego for Ensenada (approx 65 n.m. @8 kts = 8 hrs)
- Arrive approx. 1400
- Two nights @ Ensenada marinas
- Complete any remaining procedures to enter Mexico: Clearance of Mexican Customs and Immigration is planned to be done in San Diego prior to departure for Ensenada. However, if not in San Diego, any remaining requirements must be completed in Ensenada. There should be time for provisioning if not done before departing San Diego.
- Begin fueling
- Dinner Party
NOVEMBER 8, 2017 – WEDNESDAY
- Complete fueling in Ensenada
- Optional Guadalupe Wine Valley Tour
NOVEMBER 9, 2017 – THURSDAY
- Depart Ensenada for Turtle Bay (approx. 282 n.m. @ 8 knts = 35.5 hrs = overnight run)
- This is first of three overnight runs. Crews on each boat will rotate being on watch.
- Plan departure time such that you arrive before sunset (1750) on November 10th in Turtle Bay.
NOVEMBER 10, 2017 – FRIDAY
- Arrive @ Turtle Bay approx. 1500 – 1700
- Adjust clocks to MST (GMT – 7)
- Anchor and begin fueling. Turtle Bay has a town of about 1200 residents, mostly fisherman and their families. For many boats fueling here will be mandatory, as fuel will not be readily available again for approx. 400 n.m. Dinner on board or no host at local restaurant.
NOVEMBER 11, 2017 – SATURDAY
- Finish Fueling in Turtle Bay
- Shore party (begin late afternoon with local ponga water taxi service)
NOVEMBER 12, 2017 – SUNDAY
- Depart Turtle Bay for Man of War Cove at Magdalena Bay (approx. 258 n.m. @8 kts = 32.5 hrs = overnight run)
NOVEMBER 13, 2017 – MONDAY
- Arrive Man of War Cove approx. 1430
- Anchor 2 nights
- Participate in various adventures in Mag Bay or R & R for remainder of day. Optional activities include bird watching (with a multitude of species present), surfing on the Pacific side of Isla Magdalena, fishing inside Mag Bay, exploring mangroves & tidal planes, etc. Dinner on board yacht or no host at local restaurant.
NOVEMBER 14, 2015 – TUESDAY
- Second day in Man of War Cove
- Optional trip up into Mangrove area for fishing and sightseeing with local fishing guides. This will be by dinghy as water is shallow.
- Alternately participate in activities mentioned above or R & R.
- Gala beach party in early afternoon at local restaurant with awards for fishing tournament. Fish caught on tour can be donated to supplement the awards dinner, cleaned by locals on shore. Local ponga water taxi service available.
NOVEMBER 15, 2017 – WEDNESDAY
- Depart Man of War Cove for San Jose del Cabo(approx. 175 n.m.@ 8 kts = 22 hrs = overnight run)
- Plan departure such that you arrive at San Jose Del Cabo after sunrise. Ideal arrival time is 0800.
NOVEMBER 16, 2017 – THURSDAY
- Arrive San Jose del Cabo @ approx. 0600 – 0900
- 2 nights in marina slips
- Begin fueling
- Optional activities include exploring local interior yacht harbor & local village of La Playita or the nearby resort or gourmet restaurants or the historic town center of San Jose del Cabo. Various tourist type activities will be offered during the two day visit here.
NOVEMBER 17, 2017 – FRIDAY
- Second day in San Jose del Cabo
- Finish fueling
- Continue to explore locally & enjoy local accommodations & events
- Dinner party late afternoon/evening
NOVEMBER 18, 2017 – SATURDAY
- Depart San Jose del Cabo for Bahia de los Suenos (Muertos Cove) (approx. 75 n.m. @ 8 kts = 9.5 hrs)
- Arrive Muertos Cove @ approx. 1500
- Anchor one night
- Dinner on board or dinghy to shore to restaurant / bar on beach
NOVEMBER 19, 2017 – SUNDAY
- Depart Muertos Cove for La Paz (approx. 52 n.m. @ 8 kts = 6.5 hrs)
- Arrive La Paz @ approx. 1200 – 1500
- In marina slips @ Costa Baja Resort & Marina
NOVEMBER 20, 2017 – MONDAY
- Gala dinner party
- 2017 CUBAR ODYSSEY officially ends
NOVEMBER 23, 2017 – THURSDAY
- Thanksgiving Dinner